Thursday, June 13, 2013

Reputation

I'm feeling drained these days.  Some trouble in my immediate family has my focus entirely on my children and I feel my creativity has abandoned me.

I have a few regular photo sessions and two weddings to edit and deliver and I can't muster the energy or concentration needed to get the job done.  My reputation as a photographer is in jeopardy.  On one hand, if I don't deliver these photos, some of them already very overdue, my reputation as trustworthy suffers.  On the other hand, if I push through, feeling this way, the work itself will likely not be up to my standards and my reputation as an artist is damaged.

It's time to figure out how to hunker down and do my best work regardless of circumstances or give up this pursuit.  I just don't know what to do.

*I must note here, a few weeks later, that yet another computer crashed me while I was working on these photos and they are even more overdue now.  It is overwhelmingly disappointing to me and I'm sure to the people who are waiting for their photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment