Tuesday, June 4, 2013

What Can I Say?

I suppose we all feel overwhelmed sometimes.  Give in to stress and outside pressure.  When that happens to me, I feel like I've lost all control of myself and I'm just waiting for the next problem to push me to action.  Like a dog that has been given the command to sit and not released from it, I feel suspended.

Situations beyond my control have me feeling a bit like this now. 

I'm determined to be active in my own life; yes, I must accept that I can't change everything - there is plenty over which I have no control - but I know the black cloud of negativity that has been hovering over me off and on for years now is not a solid fixture and I can shoo it away.  I think the time has come to not only shoo it away temporarily but also apply repellant so it never returns!  I know, deep down, that circumstances do not define me.

I am, more than ever, looking forward to beginning the Face of a Survivor project.  We have all survived something in our lives.  It is empowering to shed that burden by sharing it with others and provides a sense of community when we realize we really aren't alone.

Lastly... I'm having computer issues so I'm behind on editing photo sessions, for which I'm really sorry.  What can I say but sorry?  Technology tends to dislike me!!  I will have some beautiful images to share soon, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment